Enrique De La Cruz, M.D.
About the Doctor
Specialty of Training: General Surgery
- Universidad San Carlos, Medical School, Guatemala
- Degree: Medical Doctor
- Universidad San Carlos- San Juan De Dios General Hospital, Surgery Residency Program, Guatemala
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, 1-year Fellowship in Transplant Surgery, Washington DC, United States
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, 1-year Surgery Residency, Washington DC, United States
- Howard University Hospital, 2-year Surgery Residency, Washington DC, United States
- Clive O. Callender Howard-Harvard Health Sciences Outcomes Research Center, 1-year Surgery Research Fellowship, Washington DC, United States
- Physician is certified in Advanced Trauma Life Support by the American College of Surgeons and Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
Position: General Medicine Practitioner
Languages Spoken: English and Spanish
Dr. De La Cruz was born in Guatemala. He has an extensive experience as a physician since 2002. Physician completed a General Surgery residency in Guatemala. Later did surgical training in Washington DC and was a “Medical Emergencies” invited lecturer at Larking Hospital in Miami, Florida. Dr. De La Cruz is an accomplished author of several studies in medicine, including the most recent publications in 2019 in the Journal of Surgical Research: “Trends in Firearm Injuries among Children and Teenagers in the United States, and in the Annals of Vascular Surgery in 2019 “Assessment of “the weekend effect” in the lower extremity vascular trauma”. Dr. De La Cruz now serves as a general practitioner for the Medicare patient community in Holiday, Florida.